Found in cells throughout the brain and body, Vitamin D plays an integral role in regulating the neuromuscular and immune systems [1,2], as well as mood and sleep . It’s also a critical hormone precursor that supports new cell growth  and bone formation [5,6].
Vitamin D is essential to maintaining health and optimizing performance. Unfortunately it’s only found in a few foods and often in very small amounts. Because of it’s vital importance and lack of dietary sources, humans evolved to be able to make Vitamin D on their own.
Ultraviolet (UV-B) radiation from sunlight penetrates uncovered skin and naturally gets converted into Vitamin D. Season, time / length of day, cloud cover, smog, sunscreen, and darkness of skin all affect the amount of UV exposure and rate of Vitamin D synthesis . It’s been shown that cloud cover and pollution can reduce UV energy by up to 60%, and UV-B radiation doesn’t penetrate glass so exposure to sunlight through a window does not produce Vitamin D .
It’s estimated that 1 billion worldwide suffer from Vitamin D deficiency or insufficiency . Symptoms of inadequate levels of Vitamin D include bone pain and muscle weakness, but the symptoms can be subtle and go undetected in the initial stages. Deficiency has been associated with increased risk of autoimmune, cardiovascular, and infectious diseases .
Natural Stacks™ Vitamin D3 provides the highly bioavailable form of natural Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol).
To ensure optimal absorption of this fat-soluble vitamin we suspended it in the healthiest fat on the planet - organic cold pressed coconut oil. The natural fatty acids in coconut oil aid the transport of Vitamin D into the bloodstream for fast and effective results.
- Vitamin d, neurocognitive functioning and immunocompetence.
- Vitamin d and the immune system: beyond rickets.
- Vitamin d deficiency may play a role in depression.
- Vitamin d’s role in cell proliferation and differentiation.
- Effectiveness and safety of vitamin d in relation to bone health.
- The role of vitamin d for bone health and fracture prevention.
- Benefits and requirements of vitamin d for optimal health: a review.
- The photobiology of vitamin d and its consequences for humans.
- Vitamin d: evolutionary, physiological and health perspectives.
- Vitamin d deficiency: a worldwide problem with health consequences.