Table of Contents:
Ann Louise Gittleman is the "First Lady of Nutrition".
A New York Times best-selling author with more than 30 published books, Ann Louise is internationally recognized as a pioneer in holistic health, top nutritionist, and one of the world’s foremost experts in functional and integrative medicine.
This week, we're honored to have ALG on the Optimal Performance Podcast!
Expanding Our Nutrition Frontiers
A lifelong pioneer in holistic health and nutrition, Ann Louise Gittleman was one of the first to champion the detox movement with her lemon and cranberry juice prescriptions in her best-selling Fat Flush book.
She continues to work on the frontier of our nutritional knowledge base, pushing our collective understanding of health and optimal performance to new levels.
This time, that new frontier centers around bile production, parasitic infestation, and their effects on fat digestion and absorption, cognitive function, and quality of life.
Bile is The New Black - High Fat Dieters Beware!
As you'll hear in this episode of the OPP, bile production has been negatively impacted by the Standard American Diet (SAD). Adequate and quality bile production is a prerequisite for fat digestion and absorption, making this a very important area for optimizers like us to focus on - especially for our high fat diets like the Paleo, Primal, Bulletproof diets.
As Many As 8 in 10 People Could Harbor Unwanted Internal Parasites
Yes, you read that correctly.
Ann Louise says that as many as 8 in 10 people could harbor unwanted parasites that disrupt our metabolic processes, steal nutrients from us, negatively impact our energy and compromise brain function.
Fortunately for us, she explains some dietary protocols that help reduce our odds of parasitic infestation and she maps out a plan for an annual parasite cleanse.
We cover all this and more, including some classic Ann Louise Gittleman diet tips and we'll discuss her top supplements, favorite nutrition experts, and her Top 10 Foods to optimize your health.
Enjoy this podcast and let us know your thoughts or questions in the comments below.
Here's what you'll learn from Ann Louie Gittleman on this episode of the Optimal Performance Podcast:
- Why you should start every morning with the juice of 1/2 a lemon
- The importance of daily detoxification strategies to ensure optimal functioning and health - and the #1 tip you need to know
- Cranberries - The Native American secret to detox, removal of parasites, lymphatic cleansing and reduction of cellulite
- Why bile is the new black - biohacking digestion and fat absorption for cognitive performance
- Omega-7's: the newest fatty acids (Hint: eat 2-3 macadamia nuts/day)
- Why Bob Atkins refused to board a plane without macadamia nuts
- How to tell if your bile production is not adequate for your high fat diet
- Some of ALG's favorite foods for Optimizers
- Glutathione, Asea, and Ultra H-3 for increasing quality of life and longevity
- The link between diet, parasites, and ADHD
- Speaking of parasites...as many as 8 in 10 people have parasites - hear how they impact us and get ALG's plan to eliminate unwanted guests (The Annual Parasite Cleanse)
- Where can you find more of Ann Louise Gittleman
- The First Lady of Nutrition's Top 3 Tips To #LiveOptimal
Links & Resources
Fat Flush - The book
The Legacy of Hazel Parcels (Weston A. Price Foundation)
150 Healthiest Foods on Earth by Jonny Bowden
Ann Louise Gittleman's Top 10 Foods (from the book 150 Healthiest Foods on Earth)
- Ground flaxseeds
- Cranberry Juice
- Grass-fed Meat
- Spaghetti Squash
- Peanut Butter
- Organic Cream
Natural Stacks Tools for Performance and Health Optimization
Natural Stacks Krill Oil (Contains Anchovy & Omega-7's!)
Natural Stacks Grass-Fed Whey & Collagen Natural Protein (ALG's #4 healthiest food!)
CILTEP to help you think faster, focus better, and memorize more!
Parasites 101 from ALG:
We want to hear your thoughts. Leave a comment below and continue the conversation.