Table of Contents:
Is Virtual Reality the Future of Fitness Devices & Fitness Tracking?
That's exactly what we discuss with Wellovate founder Joe Morgan as we explore potential applications for their mixed reality health and wellness platform.
A collaboration between 3 doctors, Wellovate is creating an innovative health and wellness experience that may change the way we see health and fitness, the way we track it, and the way our personal devices can integrate with clinician's software.
Meet Dr. Joe Morgan
President and Founder of Wellovate, Dr. Morgan is a board certified anesthesiologist. He completed is medical degree at SUNY Upstate Medical University and residency at the Cleveland Clinic. He also holds a BS Finance from Clemson University and BA Chemistry from SUNY Buffalo. Before Wellovate, Dr. Morgan served as a consultant in physiological tracking and innovative systems of care.
- Meet Wellovate and the doctors behind it
- The most important health metric to track
- How many steps a day do we really need?
- Don't miss the simple stuff
- General --> Customize --> Personalize
- The importance of making health goals relevant to our individual health risks and family history
- See last week's podcast with Dr. Anthony for more on how to decode your DNA to discover individual health risks
- How wearables are moving toward more valid and useful devices
- A picture is worth a thousand words, but a 3 dimensional one is worth a million
- The "nerds that know they need to workout"
- VR allows you to cut off that overload and have tranquility
- Making quality service that focuses on end user and their time
- Cheapest genetic test in existence is to ask your parents
- How Wellovate plans to disrupt health and wellness
- Keep it simple, you don’t have time unless you make time and spend time with people that are healthy to your life
- Dr. Joe Morgan's Top 3 Tips to #LiveOptimal
- Joe Morgan (@wellovate) | Twitter
- Email Joe – email@example.com
- Wellovate on Facebook
- Space Pirate Trainer
- American Heart Association Recommendations for Physical Activity in Adults
- Resprana: Revolutionizing Personal Air Pollution Filters
- Health benefits of physical activity: the evidence
- How Intermittent Movement Benefits Your Health - Mercola Peak Fitness
- Cell Phones, Brain Cancer and Public Health with Katie Singer
- What is Circadian Rhythm?
- These 9 companies made it to the FDA’s pilot digital health program