CILTEP, Mastering Your Mind and Conquering Mt. Everest
Maria Granberg is a self proclaimed "experience junkie".
Like many of us, she wants to see and do it all before she dies.
Naturally, conquering the world's tallest mountain was a good place to start.
Mastering Your Mind To Conquer Any Obstacle
Despite the sheer cliffs, sub-zero temperatures, and tropical storm force winds, reaching the summit of Mt. Everest was more about mastering the mind than acquiring certain physical skills.
Maria spent much of her preparation working with a mindset coach to strengthen her will and her focus.
They knew the hours, days, and weeks of solitude on the mountains would give her mind time to wander, imagine worst-case scenarios, and possibly sabotage her dreams - if she wasn't prepared.
"If there was one thing I could teach people, it would be how to increase focus - it's that important." - Maria Granberg
Maria utilized various methods of hypnosis, breathing exercises, visualization, gratitude, and nootropics (CILTEP) in her mental training.
She loved CILTEP so much, she took it with her on her summit!
This episode of the OPP is motivating to say the least. While editing it, I was ready to go climb a mountain myself, and I'm sure you'll enjoy and benefit from this episode tremendously.
Please enjoy and share this episode with your friends and family.
Some of my favorite quotes from Maria in this episode:
"Go as far as you can see. When you get there, you'll see more."
"Action creates energy"
"Experience, don't expect
"Write it down. Know WHY."
What You'll Hear From Maria Granberg on this episode of the OPP:
- Balancing curiosity, inspiration, and being an "experience junkie"
- Chasing goals that are far beyond your current skill set and how to break them down into smaller, actionable steps
- Why our brains don't like big dreams and lofty goals
- Not making thing too complicated - prevents people from getting started
- The ability to adapt is the secret to progress - be stubborn in you will, not in your process
- Never expect - only experience
- How Maria overcame her biggest fears leading up to climbing Mt. Everest
- How to train your mind for your life's biggest challenges
- Maria's mental training tips for improving your focus
- Using CILTEP to conquer Mt. Everest
- The downside to being motivated and goal-oriented - learning how to get better at being bored
- Why motivation doesn't last and how to keep moving forward when you feel depressed or lack motivation
- Why writing down your goals improves your chances of achieving them
- Seeing the sunrise on the summit of Mt. Everest
- Managing the letdown after achieving your dream
- Acceptance, appreciation, and gratitude: the highway to happiness
- The importance of meeting our own need to give back, contribute and make the world a better place
- Where you can find more of Maria
- Maria Granberg's Top 3 tips to #LiveOptimal
Links & Resources:
Maria on Social Media:
Our Favorite Natural Stacks Performance Optimizers
CILTEP - Improve your focus and conquer your own Mt. Everest
Natural Stacks Natural Protein - Grass fed whey and collagen protein to fuel your adventures with no artificial sweeteners